Ultrasonic passivation is the process of improving the corrosion resistance of stainless steel with the help of cyclic sound pressure. During the passivation process, ultrasonic sound waves drive the citric acid solution deep into the part or parts, removing the free irons allowing for the chromium in the stainless steel to form a thin microscopic shell on the outside of the part. The ultrasonic waves help assist in removal of the free irons by creating motion as the free irons are being removed.
Our Ultrasonic Passivation Services Include:
- Passivation of small or large batches as well as large individual parts
- Passivation using deionized water and citric acid
- Copper sulfate testing of passivated parts
We can passivate a wide assortment of stainless steel types, including:
- 300 Series (301, 302, 303, 304, 304L, 304LN, 305, 309, 316, 316L, 321)
- 400 Series (405, 408, 409, 430, 446, 403, 410, 416, 420, 440A, 440B, 440C)
- 15-5 PH (precipitation hardening)
- 17-4 PH
- 17-7 PH
- Nitronic 50
- Nitronic 60
Learn More About Our Ultrasonic Passivation Services!
For a free initial ultrasonic passivation consultation, call us today at (603) 335-2132 or email firstname.lastname@example.org! Though we’re based in New Hampshire, we provide services throughout Massachusetts (MA), Maine (ME), Vermont (VT), Connecticut (CT), Rhode Island (RI), New York (NY) and nationally.